Modular homes are a great option for many people. These days, modular homes can come with green energy and energy efficient options. While the advantages of owning a modular home are plentiful, some owners get tripped up on the nuances with decorating modular homes nc, especially if their homes contain built-in vanities, bookshelves, and desks.
Below find some tips for how to make modular homes as conducive as possible for interior decorating.
* Many modular homes have steel walls that make photograph or picture placement hard, if not impossible. Try hanging a series of smaller photographs or pictures using magnets.
* Alternatively, paint any steel walls with chalkboard paint, found at any home improvement store, to give your home a local bistro feel. Consider writing your family’s agenda or grocery list on the wall. Keeping in with the bistro theme, you could write sample menus or regular family dinner theme nights on your board. A sample menu might look like:
Thursdays: Pork Chops
Saturdays: Fish Fry
If a bistro format is not your style and you find an agenda format too sterile, invite your most artistic friend over to draw a scene in colored chalk. If you do not know anyone with a particular art prowess, call your local art school to hire a student for a low price. The student will get experience and an item to put in their portfolio (via a photograph of the drawing) and you will get quality artwork for a great price.
* Some modular homes nc feature bedroom vanities. If you do not utilize your vanity, consider turning it into a craft or computer desk. Or, with a few simple modifications, change the vanity into a small entertainment center. Drawers can be used to hold DVDs, CD-ROMs, books, or crafting materials.
* Built-in book cases or shelving can be re-vamped by filling them with attractive, linen storage bins. These bins can be found at any home goods store and an in array of fun colors (and sometimes patterns). Put all the clutter around your home (magazines, bills, etc.) in these bins and them stick them onto the shelves. The clutter is hidden inside the bin, and several bins on the shelves creates nice visual interest and a focal point for the room.
* Alternatively, turn an unneeded book shelf, or a book shelf in an undesirable location, into a pantry. This is perfect for the modular home owner who is also a foodie and thus needs more kitchen space for his or her cookware. Your pantry can be hidden behind some pretty fabric draped over the front of the shelves. Consider storing some dry goods and other non-perishables in lovely glass jars or bottles out in the open. This will enable you to toss unattractive packaging, while letting the colored glass add shine to your rooms. Try decanting your olive oil into a colored glass bottle with a pop-away lid. Put white rice or legumes into a clean Mason or Bell jar.
* Remove kitchen cabinet doors for a more open feel. Show off your lovely stemware collection instead of letting it stay hidden.
Above all, the biggest tip for decorating modular homes nc is to never betray your personal taste. Go with what works for you and your family and you will never fail.